2.00pm, CT - Beyond Probiotics: Prebiotics, Synbiotics and Postbiotics
Introduction from our Chair of the Digital Summit, Stephen Daniells, Editor-in-Chief, NutraIngredients-USA.
Aubrey Levitt, Co-Founder, Postibiotics+
Aubrey will present on: Beyond Probiotics: Prebiotics, Synbiotics and Postbiotics
In this session Aubrey will cover:
- How postbiotics are leading a revolution in functional microbiome products: From probiotics and prebiotics to synbiotics and now postbiotic.
- How we can utilize the billions of dollars spent on research in the microbiome field to create next gen products?
- What is a postbiotic?
- Postbiotics therapeutic and market potential Postbiotics+ research and product development
- How we bring postbiotic products to market and how we educate the consumer around these new categories.
Panel discussion, our chair Stephen Daniells, will be joined by:
- Bob Hutkins, Khem Shahani Professor of Food Science, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Nebraska
- John Deaton, PhD, Vice President of Science & Technology, Deerland
- Sonia Hartunian-Sowa, PhD, Director of Nutrition, Science & Advocacy, DSM North America
The panel discussion will be followed by a presentation.
Sonia Hartunian-Sowa, PhD, Director of Nutrition, Science & Advocacy, DSM North America
Sonia will present on: The HMO Journey: Supporting a Lifetime of Health
Naturally present only in mother’s milk, human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) play a key role in developing the human microbiome during infancy – the gateway to gut health, immune health, and possibly also brain health. However, our reserves of HMOs are depleted at a young age. Thanks to advancements in science, HMOs can now be leveraged throughout life. Join Sonia for the HMO Journey.
In this session, attendees will gain:
- An understanding of the mechanism of action by which HMOs strengthen the gut
- Actionable consumer and marketplace insights
- Inspiration for your next dietary supplement innovation from a wide variety of applications
Final Q&A – put your questions to our panelists and keynote speaker Aubrey Levitt.
*There will be live chat, Q&A and polling throughout the session
4.00pm, CT - Networking - the opportunity to chat to other delegates, schedule one-on-one meetings, visit our sponsor hubs and view our Scientific Frontiers posters.
Wednesday, June 16, 2021, at 10.00am, CT - The third session on Emerging Health Opportunities for Probiotics & Prebiotics, more details can be found here.