09.30am, CT - opportunity to continue networking and visit the sponsor hubs to gain access to more industry information through downloadable PDFs.
10.00am, CT - Emerging Health Opportunities for Probiotics & Prebiotics
Introduction from our Chair of the Digital Summit, Stephen Daniells, Editor-in-Chief, NutraIngredients-USA
Bruno Pot, PhD,
Science Director Europe,
Bruno will present on: Dietary Microbes: What progressive insight could lead to…
Consumption of fermented food products, especially in the Western diet has reduced rather drastically over the last 50 years. Food processing, refrigeration and world-wide trade has reduced the need for long term preservation, and therefore of fermentation. Increased hygiene conditions further reduced our contact with microorganisms.
Today we are facing an unexplained increase in the levels of non-communicable diseases which has been linked to deficiencies in immune development. Can our bacterial friends help us to stop or correct that evolution?
This presentation will try to answer the following questions:
- What are dietary microbes?
- What are fermented foods?
- Consequences of declined consumption
- Need for communication - Ongoing initiatives for remediation
Panel discussion, our chair Stephen Daniells, will be joined by:
- Barbara Obermayer-Pietsch, MD, Professor, Head of Lab, Medical University of Graz
- Deepak Mundkinajeddu, PhD, Head of Research & Development, Natural Remedies
- Harriët Schellekens, MSc, PhD, Principal Investigator, Lecturer, University College Cork/ APC Microbiome Ireland
- Jonathan Scheiman, PhD, CEO, FitBiomics
- Margaret Haldeman, Senior Scientific Leader, i-Health/DSM
- Marta Tortajada Serra, PhD , Vice President of Science & Technology, Health & Wellness, ADM
The panel discussion will be followed by a
Marta Tortajada Serra, PhD , Vice President of Science & Technology, Health & Wellness, ADM
Marta's presentation will be on: How Microbiome Solutions can deliver on consumer aspirations for healthy living
Fueled by science, ADM offers comprehensive microbiome solutions to benefit gut, immune and metabolic health Find out how ADM’s Microbiome Solutions can be incorporated into next-gen products for Food, Beverage, Infant Nutrition and Supplements, targeting different consumer needs – Gut Health, Immune Health, Metabolic Health, Skin Health, Cognitive Health and more…
Next to Prebiotics & Probiotics, novel postbiotics are among the most promising areas of innovation in microbiome modulators for commercial applications, providing greater versatility and flexibility to meet health-conscious consumer’s demand.
ADM has actively worked on the selection, identification and production of new postbiotics. We will present our recent science-backed discoveries in postbiotics focusing on gut and digestive health
– put your questions to our panelists and keynote speaker
Bruno Pot, PhD.
*There will be live chat, Q&A and polling throughout the session
12.00pm, CT - Networking - the opportunity to chat to other delegates, schedule one-on-one meetings, visit our sponsor hubs and view our Scientific Frontiers posters.
2.00pm, CT -
The second session on
The Changing Retail Environment for Probiotics & Prebiotics,
more details can be found